Centre for Chinese Language and Culture
The Centre for Chinese Language and Culture started functioning from the academic year 2012-13. The centre offers a five year integrated (UG/PG) M.A. programme in Chinese language to students who have completed their 10+2 in any stream. The programme consists of a total of ten semesters, whereas after successful completion of six semesters courses students are eligible for B.A. (Hon's) degree in Chinese.
Chinese Studies has emerged as a major academic discipline in today's world. India and China both have a long history of cultural association as important ancient civilizations of the world. The interaction of both civilizations can be traced back to the level of people through commerce of silk route to the introduction of Buddhism from India and even much before that. As neighbours they have much in common in terms of values and world-views. Of late, China has emerged as a major economic and defence power and India has close trade associations with China. There is a felt need to have experts on China who can help relations between both countries and serve the need of society at large. The students who join the course will find job opportunities in a large number of fields from teaching to corporate management.
Programmes offered at Centre for Chinese Language and Culture :
1) Five year integrated M.A. Programme in Chinese Studies
Schools and Centre
- School of Language, Literature and Culture Studies (SLL&CS)
- Centre for German Studies
- Centre for Comparative Literature and Translation Studies (CCLTS)
- Centre for Diaspora Studies
- Centre for English Studies
- Centre for Hindi Language and Literature
- Centre for Chinese Language and Culture