Centre for Gandhian Thought and Peace Studies
Centre for Gandhian Thought and Peace Studies is an interdisciplinary teaching and research centre. Gandhian thought and peace studies are mutually reinforcing categories and located amidst history of ideas. Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi remains a critical reference point to discern plurality of ideas and likewise how plurality of ideas help to explore Gandhian thought holistically. Peace studies is thereby explored in terms of its place in history of ideas. Plurality and contemporary relevance of history of ideas concerning Gandhian Thought and Peace Studies is explored in political philosophy, political theory, human rights, critical philosophical traditions, movements, political economy, social transition, and peace and conflict resolution.The centre offers an integrated programme in M.Phil.-Ph.D.
Programmes offered at Centre for Gandhian Thought and Peace Studies :
1) Integrated programme in M.Phil.-Ph.D.
Schools and Centre
- School of Social Sciences (SSS)
- Centre for Studies in Social Management (CSSM)
- Centre for Studies in Society and Development
- Centre for Studies in Science, Technology & Innovation policy
- Centre for Studies in Economics and Planning
- Centre for Gandhian Thought and Peace Studies