Dr. Tamishraha Bagchi Profile
Dr. Tamishraha Bagchi
Professor and Dean,
School of Nano Sciences,
Education(Post-Graduation onwards & Professional Career)
|SI No.||Institution, Place||Degree||Year||Field of Study|
|1||GB Pant Univ of Agric & Tech, Pantnagar||M.Sc||1977||Biochemistry - major Microbiology - minor|
|2||Memorial University of New Foundland, Canada||M.Sc||1986||Cell & Molecular Biology Subcellular compartmentalisation of mRNAs|
|3||Virginia Polytech Instt & State Univ, USA||Ph.D||1990||Immunology Immune mechanisms in murine brucellosis: studies with strain RB51 a rough mutant of B. abortus|
Position and Honors
Position and Employment (Starting with the most recent employment)
|Sl No.||Institution Place||Position||From (Date)||To (date)|
|1||The M.S. University of Baroda||Professor||Feb 2007||July 2015|
|2||The M.S. University of Baroda||Reader||Sept 1993||Feb 2007|
|3||The M.S. University of Baroda||Temp Lect||June 1991||Sept 1993|
|4||National Instt. Immun, N. Delhi||Scientist III||Aug 1990||April 1991|
|5||CCMB, Hyderabad||Sr. Sc. Asstt||Dec 1979||Aug 1982|
|6||ICRISAT, Hyderabad||Technical Asstt||Aug 1977||Dec 1979|
Experience in Years: (i) Teaching: 24 years (ii) Non-teaching: 6 years
Research work and research publications:
- Probiotics - Studying molecular basis of host bacteria interactions
- Tuberculosis - Studies on vaccines/diagnostics.
- Immunobiology - Lipid rafts in macrophage-bacteria interactions, antigen presentation in autoimmune diseases
Major contribution:Contributed towards the development of a vaccine named RB51, against bovine brucellosis which is widely used in North and South AmericaPublications:
- Bagchi,T, Larson, DE., & Sells, BH. 1987. Cytoskeletal association of muscle-specific mRNAs in differentiating L6 rat myoblasts. Experimental Cell Research 168: 160-172
- Roop, RM., Moore, DP., Bagchi,T., & Schurig, GG 1987. Rapid identification of smooth Brucella species with a monoclonal antibody Journal of Clinical Microbiology 25: 2090-2093.
- Schurig, GG., Roop, RM., Bagchi,T., Boyle, S., Buhrman, D., & Sriranganathan, N 1991 Biological properties of RB51: A stable rough strain of Brucella abortus Veterinary Microbiology 28: 171-188
- Roop, RM., Jeffers, G., Bagchi,T., Walker, J., Enright, FM.,& Schurig,GG 1991 Experimental infection of goat fetuses in utero with a stable rough mutant of Brucella abortus Research in Veterinary Science 51: 123-127
- Gupta, SK, Bagchi, T., Deshmukh, U., Gupta, R., Bagavant, H and Shamim, M 1992 Monoclonal antibodies : their production and applications - a review Proc. Indian Natl. Sci. Acad. 58(1) : 41-56.
- Bagchi, T. 2000 Partial purification of Cry 1A toxin-binding proteins from Helicoverpa armigera larval midgut World Journal of Microbiology &Biotechnology 16:635-40
- Shah P., Jogani, V., Bagchi, T. and Misra, A.N. (2006). Role of Caco-2 cell monolayers in prediction of intestinal drug absorption. Biotechnology Progress. 22, 186-198. (IF 2.178)
- Shajil, E.M., Chatterjee, S., Agrawal, D., Bagchi, T. and Begum, R. (2006). Vitiligo: pathomechanisms and genetic polymorphism of susceptible genes. Ind. J. Exp. Biol. 44, 526- 539.
- Shah P., Jogani, V., Mishra, P., Mishra, A.K., Bagchi, T. and Misra, A.N. (2007) Modulation of ganciclovir intestinal absorption in presence of absorption enhancers. J Pharmaceutical Sciences. 96, 2710-2722. (IF 3.031)
- Shah P., Jogani, V., Mishra, P., Mishra, A.K., Bagchi, T. and Misra, A.N. (2008) In vitro assessment of acyclovir permeation across cell monolayers in the presence of absorption enhancers. Drug Development and Industrial Pharmacy. 34:3 279-288 (IF 1.367)
- Pranav J. Shah, Viral V. Jogani, Pushpa Mishra, Anil K. Mishra, Tamishraha Bagchi and Ambikanandan Misra (2007) Role of 99mTc-mannitol and 99mTc-PEG in the assessment of paracellular integrity of cell monolayersNuclear Medicine Communications, 28:653-659 (IF 1.396)
- Surti, N., Naik, S., Bagchi, T. and Misra, A.N. (2007). Assessment of in vitro antiproliferative activity after intracellular drug delivery from wheat germ agglutinin-conjugated budesonide nanoparticles. J Biomed. Nanotechno l.3, 1-7. (IF 2.620)
- Naazneen Surti, Sachin Naik, Tamishraha Bagchi, B. S. Dwarkanath, and Ambikanandan Misra. (2008). Intracellular Delivery of Nanoparticles of an Antiasthmatic Drug . AAPS PharmSciTech 9: 217-223 (IF 1.211)
- Rana, S.K. and Bagchi, T (2008) Development and characterization of monoclonal antibodies against FMD virus type Asia-1 and determination of antigenic variation in the field strains. Vet. Immunol. Immunopath.. 122: 241-249 (IF 2.176)
- Rana, S. K. and Bagchi, T. (2008) Partial sequence analysis of VP1 of Indian isolates of foot-and-mouth disease virus type Asia-1. Virus Genes 37: 60-68 (IF 1.693)
- Bam Marpe and Bagchi, T. (2009) Absence of tyrosine related protein-2/ dopachrome tautomerase transcripts in PBMCs from vitiligo patients. Scandinavian Journal of Immunology 69: 366-373 (IF 1.935)
- Bam Marpe and Bagchi T. (2009) MART 1 transcript is also absent in PBMCs from vitiligo patients. Central European J Biology. 4: 528-535 (IF 0.685)
- Sandeep Gaudana, Akhilesh Dhanai and Tamishraha Bagchi (2010) Probiotic attributes of Lactobacillus strains isolated from food and of human origin. British Journal of Nutrition. 103, 1620-1628. (IF 3.072)
- Dhanani A, Gaudana S and Bagchi T (2011) The ability of Lactobacillus adhesin EF-Tu to interfere with pathogen adhesion. Eur. Food Res. Technol. 232: 777-785 (IF 1.585)
- Jinturkar KA, Anish C, Kumar MK, Bagchi T, Panda AK, Misra AR (2012) Liposomal formulations of Etoposide and Doclataxel for p53 mediated enhanced cytotoxicity in lung cancer cell lines.Biomaterials 33(8):2492-507 (IF 8.415)
- Dhanani A.S. and Bagchi T (2013) Lactobacillus plantarum CS24.2 prevents Escherichia coliadhesion to HT-29 adhesion to HT-29 cells and also down -regulates enteropathogen - induced tumor necrosis factor - a and interleukin - 8 expression Microbiology and Immunology 57: 309-315 (IF 1.545)
- Dhanani, AS and Bagchi T (2013) The expression of adhesin EF-Tu in response to mucin and its role in Lactobacillus adhesion and competitive inhibition of enteropathogens to mucin Journal of Applied Microbiology 115 (2) : 546-554 (IF 2.196)
- Shrivastava Parul and Bagchi Tamishraha (2013) Differential expression of alpha II spectrin in monocytes of tuberculosis patients. International Immunopharmacology 17(3): 759-762 (IF 2.417)
- Shrivastava Parul and Bagchi Tamishraha (2013) IL-10 modulates in vitro multinucleate giant cell formation in human tuberculosis. PLoS ONE, Oct 17;8(10):e77680 (IF 3.73)
- Shrivastava Parul and Bagchi Tamishraha (2013) In silico analysis of Mycobacterim tuberculosis proteins to understand their role in susceptibility and protection.International Journal of Biological and Medical Research, 4(4): 3607-3614 (IF 0.0)
- Bagchi, T (2104) Traditional food and modern lifestyle: Impact of probiotics. Indian J Med Res140: 333-335
- The Cell- Manisha Lalan, Tamishraha Bagchi, Ambikanandan Misra in (Ambikanandan Misra ed. ELSEVIER -ISBN: 978-0-12-384964-9 Challenges in Delivery of therapeutic genomics and proteomics) (2010) pp 1-43
- Gaudana, S. and Bagchi, T. Environmental impact from the use of Bt toxin in (T. Satyanarayana, B. N. Johri and Anil Prakash (eds) Springer -ISBN 978-94-007-2228-6 Microbes In Environmental Management And Biotechnology) (2012) pp 431-450
POSTER PRESENTATIONS (RECENT)
- Dhanani, A.S.and Bagchi, T. ‘Evaluating adhesion and immunomodulatory potential of Lactobacillus strains isolated from food and human origin’, presented at The 7th International Yakult Symposium at The Queen Elizabeth II Conference Centre, London, UK. April 22-23, 2013.
- Interaction of food and human isolates of lactobacilli with epithelial cell-lines. Ruchi Jariwala* and Tamishraha Bagchi at Two Day International Conference on Integrating Basic and Translational Research in Modern Biology, 2013, M.S University of Baroda, Vadodara
- Study of Immune cell functionality during malaria infection Abhik Saha, Namrata M. Nilavar and Tamishraha Bagchi presented at Two Day International Conference on Integrating Basic and Translational Research in Modern Biology, 2013, M.S University of Baroda, Vadodara
- To study the effects of potential probiotics on the mouse model of chronic colitis - Ashish Dhayani and T. Bagchi poster presented at 1st Annual Conference of PAi and International Symposium on Probiotics for Human Health, New Delhi, 27-28th Aug. 2012
- Expression analysis of Lactobacillus adhesions under mucin exposure and its role in adhesion of different Lactobacillus strains- Akhilesh Dhanani and T. Bagchi poster presented at 1st Annual Conference of PAi and International Symposium on Probiotics for Human Health, New Delhi, 27-28th Aug. 2012
- A study of FoxP3 versus pro- and anti-inflammatory cytokines in tuberculosis ” - Parul Shrivastava and T. Bagchi, poster presented at the 80th Annual Meeting of the Society of Biological Chemists (SBC) held at CSIR-CIMAP, Lucknow, during 12 - 15 November 2011.
- Studies on Plasmodium falciparum antigenic peptides and specific HLA molecules involved in protection. Abhik Saha and T. Bagchi, poster presented at Nov. 3 - 6, 2011, 52nd Annual Conference of Association of Microbiologist of India (AMI), Panjab University, Chandigarh
- Analysis of bile salt hydrolases and adhesion factors of Lactobacillus strains. Akhilesh Dhanani and T. Bagchi at 52nd Annual Conference of Association of Microbiologist of India (AMI), Nov. 3 - 6, 2011, Panjab University, Chandigarh,
- DBT sponsored International Conference on “Integrating basic and translational research in modern biology ”at The M.S. University of Baroda, Vadodara 390002 , 27th & 28th December 2013- Convener
- UGC sponsored One Day National Seminar on ‘ Expanding Horizons of Microbiology ’ at The M.S. University of Baroda, Vadodara 390002 , 17th August 2013- Convener
- Regional Science Congress Vadodara 15-16 Sept 2012, Organising Committee
- XXVI Gujarat Science Congress, Vadodara, 26 Feb 2012, Organising Committee
- UGC DRS sponsored one day Seminar on Recent trends in microbial technology Vadodara 2 Feb 2012
- International conference on themes of higher education: prospects of Gujarat, Gandhinagar, 25-26 Nov 2010
- 2nd Meeting of National core group on Probiotics, New Delhi, 15 Nov, 2010
- Guest lecture at Lecture series in NDDS, TIFAC-CORE - Vadodara, 2010
- Society of Biological Chemists, India Bangalore, 2010. (Ph. D students poster)
- Gaudana,S.B., Dhanani, A.S., and Bagchi, T. Transformation of lactobacilli with insertional vector pGh9:ISS1. Poster presentation at the 50th AMI conference held at NCL, Pune, in December 2009. (Awarded 1st Prize)
- Association of Microbiologist of India (AMI) conference at NCL, Pune, 2009 (Ph. D students poster)
- 2nd India Probiotics Symposium , New Delhi, 7-8 Nov 2008
- SBC(I) Conference on “ Silencing the message : si and mi RNA ”, Vadodara, 2008
- Guest lecture at MSU Pharmacy Alumni Association meet, 2007
- International Symposium on Human Genomics and Public Health JNU, New Delhi, 2006 (Ph. D students poster)
- Gaudana,S.B., Bam, M., and Bagchi, T. Development of an effective biopesticide by site-directed and random mutagenesis at domain III of CryIA(c). Oral Paper Presentation at The National Conference on Biopesticides and Biofertilizers organized by Dr Babasheb Ambedkar Marthwada University, Osmanabad, Maharastra, India, in February 2006. (Awarded 3rd Prize).
- Emerging trends in molecular biology, Medicine and diagnosis, Vadodara, 2004.
- Guest Lecture at Lecture series on "Protein Delivery and Challenges" TIFAC-CORE, Vadodara, 2004.
- International symposium on molecular medicine, Comed Biotech, Vadodara 2003.
- International symposium on molecular biology, allergy and immunology, Sun Pharmaceuticals, Vadodara 2002.
- International symposium on molecular medicine, Sun Pharmaceuticals, Vadodara, 2000.
- Society of Biological Chemists (India) Dept. of Microbiology and Biotechnology centre, Annual meeting, Bangalore, 1999. (poster presentation)
Besides the above, also participated in Refresher Courses, in the areas of Microbiology, Biochemistry, at the M.S. University of Baroda, Vadodara, and S.P. University, Anand, Academic Staff College, Anand.
- Society of Biological Chemists (India) - Life Member
- Association of Microbiologists (India) - Life member
- Probiotic Association of India - Life Member
- Indian Immunological Society - Life member
- American Association for the Advancement of Science - Ordinary Member
- Fellow, Gujarat Science Academy
- Recipient of CSIR Fellowship while at CCMB, Hyderabad
- Recipient of Student Fellowship during M.Sc at Memorial Universty of Newfoundland, Canada
- Recipient of Fellowship while doing Ph.D at Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, USA
- Recipient of Best Poster award at SBC(I) meeting, Bangalore 1999
Recipient of research funding from various agencies such as DBT, DST, UGC and NDDB.