Prabhat Kumar Profile
Assistant Professor & Chairperson
Centre for Chinese Language and Culture
School of Language, Literature and Culture Studies
Central University of Gujarat, Gandhinagar, India
E-mail id: email@example.com
- Master of Arts in Chinese from the Centre for Chinese and South East Asian Studies, School of Language, Literature and Culture Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi 2011
- Bachelor of Arts in Chinese from the Centre for Chinese and South East Asian Studies, School of Language, Literature and Culture Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi 2006
- Advance Course in CHINESE LANGUAGE AND CULTURE at Beijing Foreign Studies University, Beijing, People�s Republic of China, 2008
Academic Experience :
- Presently teaching in Central University of Gujarat as assistant Professor in School of Language, Literature and Culture Studies, Centre for Chinese Language and Culture, Gandhinagar, Gujarat since August, 2012.
- Having experience of teaching Chinese in School of Foreign Language, Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) New Delhi.
Awards & Honours
- Qualified UGC NET-JRF in Chinese held on June 26th , 2011, result declared on November 30th , 2011
- Awarded Vimla Saran Gold Medal by JNU for securing highest CGPA in M.A., 2011.
- Awarded one year scholarship to study Chinese in Beijing Foreign Studies University, China, jointly funded by the Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD), Government of India and Chinese Scholarship Council (CSC), Government of China.
- Selected as a delegate member and official interpreter in Indian Youth Delegation to China 2010 under Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports, Government of India.
- Worked with Sun Overseas, New Delhi a business/project Consultancy firm as Chinese Translator/Interpreter & Executive Business Development Chinese Market from Sep, 2008 to July, 2009.
- Worked as a Freelancer Interpreter/Translator for various organizations from Jan, 2006.
- Worked as Interpreter for a Chinese Delegation in Fourth BRICS summit in Delhi,2012
- Translated various texts from Chinese to English and vice versa in research and academic pursuits.
Area of Interest/Specialization:
- Chinese Language, Literature, Culture; Chinese History; Chinese Media & Society; Online culture, Translation & Interpretation
- Presented a paper on �Chinese Literature: A bright Journey� in a National Seminar, themed on Reality and Virtuality: A Confluence of Contemporary Oriental Literatures, organised by Gujarat University, Gandhinagar Dec 27-28, 2014