Swami Kundan Kishor Profile
Mr. Swami Kundan Kishor
Centre for Chinese Studies and Research
School of Language, Literature and Culture Studies
Central University of Gujarat
- M.Phil., February 2016, Centre for Chinese and South East Asian Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
- Topic: A Comparative Study of Afanti and Mullah Nasruddin in Popular Chinese and Indian Folktales: The Contrastive Features.
- Specialization: Folk Literature.
- M.A. in Chinese, 2012, Centre for Chinese and South East Asian Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
- B.A.(Hons.) in Chinese, 2010, Centre for Chinese and South East Asian Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
Awards and Honours:
- Qualified the UGC-NET for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) in Chinese held on 26th June, 2011.
- Qualified the UGC-NET for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) in Chinese held on 24th December, 2011.
- Awarded one year scholarship to study Chinese in Beijing Language & Culture University, China, jointly funded by MHRD, Govt. of India and Govt. of China, 2012.
Teaching Experience :
- Assistant Professor at the Centre for Chinese Studies & Research, Central University of Gujarat, Gandhinagar since January 19th, 2017.
- Assistant Professor (Temporary) at the Centre for Far East Languages, Central University of Jharkhand, Ranchi from July 26th, 2016 till December 23rd, 2016.
- Guest Faculty (on Contract) at the Department of Chinese Studies, School of Languages, Doon University, Dehradun from September 1st, 2015 till June 30th, 2016.
- Guest Faculty at the Department of Chinese, School of Languages and Literature, Sikkim University, Gangtok from September 1st, 2015 till June 30th, 2016.
- Remedial Faculty at the Centre for Chinese & South East Asian Studies, School of Language, Literarture & Culture Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi from July 1st, 2013 till April 30th, 2014.
- Published a Thesis “Analysis And Thought On The Present Situation of Chinese Tourists Traveling To India” (中国人赴印度旅游的现状分析及思考) in the book named “Chinese Institute of Advanced Studies Beijing Language and Culture University Senior Trainees China Research Reports”(北京语言大学汉语进修学院高级研修生中国专题研究报告) from BLCU Press in 2013
- Worked as a Translator (middle management) for Language Mart, Translation, Interpretation, Localization, Transcription, Conference & Allied Services, New Delhi from May 1st, 2010 to July 25th, 2011.
Area of Interest/Specialization:
- Poetry Translation, Journalistic Translation, Traditional Chinese Characters, Simplified Chinese Characters, Chinese History.
- Hindi, English, Chinese, Urdu, Arabic.