Dr. Zakia Firdaus Profile
Dr. Zakia Firdaus
Center for Comparative Literature and Translation Studies
SCHOOL OF LANGUAGE, LITERATURE AND CULTURE STUDIES
Dr. Zakia Firdaus received her education from M.S.University of Baroda. She is an MA, MPHIL AND Ph.D in English from the Department of English, Faculty of Arts. Her Ph.D is on North American Native Fiction. She was awarded Doctoral Research Fellowship from Shastri Institute (2002-2003) in connection with Ph.D thesis on Native Writing. Affiliation at University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada from (Feb-June 2003). She previously taught English at M.S.University of Baroda from 2001-2012. She was also associated as a project fellow with Women's Studies Research Centre at M.S.University of Baroda from 1998-2001 She joined Central University of Gujarat in 2013 and holds the position of Assistant Professor , Centre for Comparative Literature and Translation Studies. Her fields of specialization are: a)North American Native fiction b)Canadian Literature c)Gender Studies d)Post Colonial Literature e) Indian Writing in English. She has presented papers at various international and national conferences and seminars and has published 12 articles and 2 monographs.
PUBLICATION (LAST FIVE YEARS)
- Is Techology R/aiding Language Teaching ELT VO 1 issues 3-4 ISSN NO 0974-8008 2010 Madhurita Chowdhary , Charul Jain and Zakia Firdaus
- Zakia Firdaus (2012) Hi(s)tory as Ficton/ Fabricaions: Postmodern Strategies in Robert Kroetsch's Novels International Journal of Multi-disciplinary Research VOL 1 ISSUE 5, August, 2012 p. 6-9 Jai Hind Education Society, Pune
- Zakia Firdaus .(2012) Alter/Native World: The Aboriginal voice in America. International Journal of Business, Management and Social Sciences volume II , issue 4 (II) December 2012 p116-118 Choice college of Arts and Commerce Pune
- Zakia Firdaus.(2013)RE- MEMBERING HI(S) TORY AND THE OTHER-ED WOR(L)D IN VASSANJI'S NOVELS International Journal of Multi-disciplinary Research VOL 1 ISSUE 5, August, 2013 p. 6-9 Jai Hind Education Society, Pune
- Zakia Firdaus .(2014) HISTORY, TIME AND MEMORY IN QURRATULLAIN HYDER'S NOVEL RIVER OF FIRE International Journal of Business, Management and Social Sciences volume II , issue 6 MAY2014 p116-118 Choice college of Arts and Commerce Pune.