Dr. Jaya Prakash Pradhan Profile
Dr. Jaya Prakash Pradhan
Centre for Studies in Economics & Planning,
School of Social Sciences.
- Dr. Jaya Prakash Pradhan is an Associate Professor in the Centre for Studies in Economics & Planning, School of Social Sciences, Central University of Gujarat. He received the M.A. (1999) degree in economics from University of Hyderabad and both the M.Phil. (2001) and Ph.D. (2005) degrees from Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
- Dr. Pradhan has a long experience of researching in the areas of internationalization of Indian firms and industries, foreign direct investment, research & development, and trade. Previously, he has served on faculties of leading academic institutions in India including the Central University of Karnataka (Gulbarga), Sardar Patel Institute of Economic & Social Research (Ahmedabad), Institute for Studies in Industrial Development (New Delhi), Gujarat Institute of Development Research (Ahmadabad), and worked as a consultant to the Research and Information System for Developing Countries (New Delhi). He has been involved in research studies for the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD), Geneva; the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research under the Ministry of Science and Technology (Government of India); and the Indian Council for Social Science Research under the Ministry of Human Resource Development (Government of India).
- He is the authour of Indian Multinationals in the World Economy: Implications for Development (Bookwell Publisher, New Delhi, 2008); co-editor of The Rise of Indian Multinationals: Perspectives on Indian Outward Foreign Direct Investment (Palgrave Macmillan, New York, 2010) and Industrialization, Economic Reforms and Regional Development: Essays in Honour of Professor Ashok Mathur (Shipra Publication, New Delhi, 2005); and co-authour of Transnationalization of Indian Pharmaceutical SMEs, (Bookwell Publisher, New Delhi, 2008).
- He has guest edited the special issue of Transnational Corporations Review on ‘FDI and Development in India’ (2011), guest co-edited the special issue of Economics, Management, & Financial Markets on ‘Rise of Emerging Economies’ (2011), and the special issue of International Journal of Emerging Markets on ‘Emerging Multinationals: Home and Host Country Determinants and Outcomes’ (2010).
- Published over forty-five research papers including peer reviewed international journals like Innovation & Development,Science, Technology & Society, Oxford Development Studies, Transnational Corporations,International Journal of Institutions & Economies, Economia e Politica Industriale,Organizations & Markets in Emerging Economies,Transnational Corporations Review, International Journal of Technology & Globalisation,Harvard Asia Quarterly, Revista Economía: Teoría y Práctica, Journal of Asian Business,Singapore Economic Review, Journal of International Commerce, Economics & Policy, Eurasian Journal of Business & Economics and South Asia Economic Journal. His current research focuses on issues concerning regional developments in India and internationalization of India’s knowledge-based industries. His teaching interests include international business, industrial economics, microeconomics, and econometrics.
- For more information, please visit his personal web page: http://sites.google.com/site/jayaprakashpradhan/Home
- Pradhan, J. P. and K. Das (2013), ‘Exporting by Indian Small and Medium Enterprises: Role of Regional Technological Knowledge, Agglomeration and Foreign Direct Investment’, Innovation and Development, 3(2), pp. 239–257, Oxon, UK: Routledge
- Pradhan, J. P., M. Zohair and M.V. Alagawadi (2013), ‘Regional Policies, Firm Characteristics, and Exporting in the Indian State of Karnataka’, Foreign Trade Review, 48(1), pp. 45–81, New Delhi and Washington DC: SAGE Publications.
- Pradhan, J. P. and K. Das (2012), ‘Regional Origin of Manufacturing Exports: Inter-State Patterns In India’, Journal of Regional Development and Planning, 1(2), pp. 117–167, 2012, Burdwan, India: University of Burdwan.
- Pradhan, J. P. (2011), ‘R&D Strategy of Small and Medium Enterprises in India’, Science, Technology & Society, 16(3), pp. 373–395, New Delhi and Washington DC: SAGE Publications.
- Pradhan, J. P. (2011), ‘Regional Heterogeneity and Firms’ R&D in India’, Innovation and Development, 1(2), pp. 259–282, 2011, Oxon, UK: Routledge.