Dr. Tulika Tripathi Profile
Dr. Tulika Tripathi
Centre for Studies in Economics and Planning,
School of Social Sciences,
- The paper, entitled, “Exclusion in Maternal and Child Health in Uttar Pradesh: Some Evidences from NFHS-3” has been published in Book “Excluded People in India: Problems and Prospects”edited by Rajas Parchure, SN Tripathy & JR Ambewadikar, Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics, Pune. Manglam Publication and Distributors, Delhi-India.
- The paper, entitled, "Concptualising Women’s Agency, Autonomy and Empowerment: Empirical Evidence from India." has been published in, 12 March, 2011, Economic & Political Weekly.
- The paper, entitled, "Discrimination among Discriminated: Some Facts from NFHS-3." Vol 53, No 3, 2010, Indian Journal of Labour Economics (IJLE).
- The paper entitled “Safai Karmi Scheme of Uttar Pradesh; Caste Dominance Continues” has been published in 15 September, 2012, Economic & Political Weekly.
- The paper entitle “Women Home Based Workers Across Indian States: Recent Evidences” P.p. 55-64. has been published in Journal of Regional Development and Planning, Vol. 2, No. 1, 2013.ISSN 2277-9094.
- The paper entitled “Unhealthy, Dependent and Insecure Elders” P.p. 217-223. has been published in 19July, 2014, vol.XLIX No.29. Economic & Political Weekly. ISSN 0012-9976.
- The Paper entitled “Access to Public Health Services: A Disaggregated Analysis of Uttar Pradesh” has been published in Margin—The Journal of Applied Economic Research 8 : 3 (2014): 257–284 SAGE Publications Los Angeles/London/New Delhi/Singapore/Washington DC.
- The paper entitled “Growth in India: An examination of Inclusiveness “has been published in Geography and You. P.p. 28-31
Conference and Workshop Attended & Paper Presented:
- Attended Conference of 55th Annual Conference of ISLE organized by CSEP,CISLS & SSS. JNU New Delhi.
- Attended Two week Training Program on Labour Issues Organized by South Asian Research Network (SARNET) during 2-13 December 2013 at New Delhi.
- Attended 53rd Annual Conference of the Indian Society of Labour Economics and presented a paper entitled “Women Home Based Workers: Recent Evidences” held at M.S.University, Udaipur during December, 17 – 19, 2011
- Attended ‘Winter School 2011’ and presented a paper entitled Women’s Empowerment: Concept and Empirical Evidences from India” held at the Delhi School of Economics during December 10 – 13, 2011
- Attended National Seminar on ‘Towards a Regionally Inclusive Strategy for the 12th Five Year Plan’ and presented a paper entitled “Ineqaulity in Access to Public Health care Services: A Regional Analysis of Uttar Pradesh” held at the Department of Economics, University of Allahabad during November 19-20, 2011
- Attended the Golden Jubilee (46th Annual) Conference of Indian Econometrics Society and Presented a paper entitled “Indexing of Access to Health” organized by Department of Economics, Jammu University, J&K held during 13- 15 March, 2010.
- Attended the 51st Annual Conference of the Indian Society of Labour Economics (ISLE) and presented a paper entitled "Discrimination among Discriminated in Indian Labour Market: Evidences from NFHS-3" organized by Department of Economics, Punjabi University, Patiala (Punjab) held during December 11 - 13, 2009.
- Paper entitled “Conceptualizing Women’s Empowerment, Agency & Autonomy: A Case Study of India” has been selected in International Seminar on Participation, Poverty And Power organized by Human Development and Capabilities Association, held at Lima, Peru on September 10- 12 2009.
- Attended the National Seminar on Social Exclusion and Presented the Paper titled “Exclusion in Maternal & Child Health: Some Evidences from NFHS-3” Organized by Gokhale Institute of Politics & Economics, during March 20-21 2009.
- Attended the Fourth Annual Conference Uttar Pradesh- Uttaranchal Economic Association and Presented a Paper titled “Privatization Of Health Sector In India: A Set Back To The Poor, Organized by DBS PG College Kanpur.
- Delivered two lectures In Gujarat Vidya Pith, On Budget 2014-15 and Inclusive Growth in India on 13th August 2014.
- Delivered Lecture in Aligarh Muslim University on Use of Regression Analysis in Social Science Research.
ICSSR Nominee of Capacity Building Programme organised by Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, UP.
Co-author of report “Innovation and Partnership in Agriculture and Dairy” submitted to USAID and the University of Wisconsin, Madison,USA, 2011.
Ph. D Details:
Thesis Title: – “Public Health Care in Uttar Pradesh”
There are systematic variations in accessing health care between urban and rural areas as well between males and females in each sector. However this socio-economic inequality is subject to the availability of health facility among various states. Motivated by this fact the present study seeks evidences from inter – regional variation in access to health care services in Uttar Pradesh and on that basis tries to delineate the relevant factors that results into higher access or in- access to health care services for certain groups in some regions. The present work is concerned with the public provisioning of health services and its consequences on access and health outcomes of different socio economic groups in different regions of Uttar Pradesh, supposedly one of the most backward states of India. In exploring these questions of contribution of public resources to individual’s capacity to access health services, this study utilizes some basic statistics like average and proportion, burden of disease, analytical tool of Displaced Ideal to generate index of access to health care services and Sens body of theoretical work on capabilities approach.