Dr. Litty Denis Profile
Dr. Litty Denis
Coordinator & Assistant Professor,
Center for Studies in Social Management,
Central University of Gujarat.
- Currently working as Assistant Professor, Center for Studies in Social Management, Central University of Gujarat since December, 2012 (Areas of teaching exposure: Financial Management, Financial Accounting, Microfinance, Corporate Social Responsibility, Management Concepts and Contemporary Practices in Social Management.)
- Assistant Professor, MBA Dept., S.K.Patel Institute of Management and Computer Studies, Gandhinagar, Gujarat from August, 2008 to December, 2012 (Areas of teaching exposure: Financial Management, Financial Accounting, Industrial and Business Laws, Research Methodology and Banking)
- Assistant Professor at B. P. College of Business Administration, Gandhinagar, Gujarat from July, 2001 to July, 2008. (Areas of teaching exposure: Financial Management, Financial Accounting, Direct and Indirect Tax, Industrial and Business Laws)
- Ph.D. in the area of Banking Managment from Gujarat University (February,2013)
- Qualified University Grants Commission’s National Eligibility Test (NET) in Management Area. (June, 2011)
- Company Secretary, Institute of Company Secretaries of India, New Delhi, (Specialization- Corporate Law, December, 2011)
- Masters of Philosophy (Specialization in Management), SD. School of Commerce, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad (2005)
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA Specialization in Financial Management) from GLS Institute of Business Management, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad (2001)
- Masters in Commerce (Specialization in Advance Accounting) Gujarat University, Ahmedabad (2007)
- Bachelor in Commerce, Shri Sahajanand Arts and Commerce College, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad(1999)
- Doctoral thesis “Reach of E-Banking In Rural Areas : A Study with Special Reference to Central Gujarat Region” in the area of Banking Management.
- M.Phil. Dissertation, “Study of Applicability of International Banking Standards (Basel Accord) in India” in the area of Management.
- Co-authored a book on “Principles of Accountancy ” for the First Year BBA students published by Sudhir Prakashan, Ahmedabad, and Gujarat
- Co-editor of book titled “Emerging Role of Financial Services, Insurance and Banking”, Published by, Mangalam Publications, New Delhi.
- “Challenges in implementing E-Banking Services in Indian Banks”, GFJMR, vol.07, pp.41-51. July-December, 2013
- “Present Scenario of Indian Banking Industry: An Appraisal Through Camel Analysis”, Journal of Humanities, Social Science and Management, Vol. III, Issue II, July-Dec, 2012.
- “Issues of Subcontracting in Small Scale Industries in India in the Face of Liberalization”, Journal of Humanities, Social Science and Management, Vol. II, Issue I, Jan-June, 2011.
- Investing in Gold - A Midas Touch”, Proficient – An International Journal of Management, Volume - III, Issue –V, May 2011.
- “Preference of Motivator and Hygiene Factors among Inductees of Public Sector Organization”- An International Journal of Production Research and Management, Published by STM Journals, March 2011.
- “Microfinance in India: Scaling up with Appropriate Legal Framework”, New Perspectives of Fig Economic Scenario- Conference Proceeding of NICOM-January, 2014.
- “Study of Customer Awareness and Quality of E-Banking Services in India” in Litty Denis (eds.) “Emerging Role of Financial Services Insurance and Banking”, Mangalam Publications, New Delhi. (2012)
- “External Asset-Liability Position: An Emerging Facet of India’s Investment Abroad” in Jayesh J.Tanna (eds.) Contemporary Issues in Tourism, Banking and Education, Mangalam Publications, New Delhi.(2012)
- “Analyzing the Impact of FIIs on SENSEX: An Indian Perspective” in Atul Bansal (eds.) Foreign Investment and Indian Economy, Mangalam Publications, New Delhi.(2011)
- “Outsourcing Business in India: Current Trends and Future Prospects” in Ramakanta Prusty (eds.) Emerging Indian Economy in 21st Century: Challenges and Opportunities, Mangalam Publications, New Delhi.(2011)
- “Profitability Performance of Co-operative Banks in India: An Empirical Study”, in Atul Bansal and Parimal Vyas (Ed.) Indian Service Sector: Present Scenario and Future Perspective, Mangalam Publications, Delhi.
- “Commitment and Engagement of Employees- A Must for Organizations in Today’s Global Scenario”, published in Proceedings of the 4th Indian Conference on Management themed “Innovative Strategies: Emerging India in Global Scenario organized” by S. K. Patel Institute of & Computer Studies. (2011)
- “Social Management Programme: An Integration of Social Work and Management Disciplines Embedded in the Social Sciences” at National Education Summit organized by Education Department, Government of Gujarat on January 11, 2014.
- “Rural Face of Management Education in India: How Beautiful Is It?” presented in the International Seminar named “Emerging India – The Role of Management & IT Education” organized by Hindustan Institute of Management and Computer Studies, Farah, Mathura on February 15 – 16, 2008.
- “Banking and its Service Quality” presented in the National Seminar on Indian Service Sector: Present Scenario and Future Perspective on 25th January, 2011 organised by C Z Patel College of Business and Management, V.V. Nagar, Gujarat.
- “Why to Applaud Subcontracting” presented in National Seminar (ICOM) on Innovative Strategies: Emerging India in Global Scenario organized by S. K. Patel Institute of & Computer Studies (MBA Dept.), Gandhinagar during March 11-12, 2011.
- “Profitability Performance of Co-operative Banks in India – An Empirical Study” presented in the 63rd All India Commerce Conference organized by Faculty of Commerce, Goa University held during 1st – 3rd October, 2010.
- “Globalization of Higher Education in India: Vices and Virtues” presented in the NAAC Sponsored National Seminar on Quality Management and Global Challenges in Higher Education organized by Uma Arts and Nathiba Mahila College, Gandhinagar during 6th & 7th August, 2010.
- Presented a paper on “Role of Technology in Banking Services”- Challenges, Opportunities & Key Success Factor in State level Seminar (7th January,2007) organized by Faculty of Commerce, The M S University of Baroda, Department of Commerce Including Business Administration.
- Presented a paper on “The impact of Implementing VAT in Gujarat- A Closer Look at Small & Marginal Traders in National level Seminar (1-2 December, 2006) ICOM organized by S.K. Patel institute of Management and Computer Studies.
- Presented a paper on “Catching the Wave, Systematic Investment Plans- Will they Survive for long” in the Two Days National level Seminar (11-12 November, 2006) organized by Gujarat University Area Accountancy Teacher’s Association.
- Presented a paper on “Application of International Banking Standards in India” in the UGC sponsored State level Seminar (19 March, 2005) organized by Department of Business Studies, Sardar Patel University, V.V.Nagar.
- Participated and worked as Volunteer in State level seminar for Gujarat University Accountancy Teacher’s Association, 2004, at SVKM Campus, Sector 23, Gandhinagar
- Participated and presented paper in the National level Seminar for Gujarat University Accountancy Teachers’ Association, on “Emerging issues in Accountancy, Finance and Taxation” on November 11and 12, 2006, at SVKM Campus, Sector 23, Gandhinagar
- Participated and presented paper in the State Seminar themed on, “Financial Services: Emerging Trends” on March 19, 2005 at Sardar Patel University, PG Department of Business Studies, Gujarat
- Participated in National Level FDP on “Research Methodology-Statistical Techniques and Data Analysis Using SPSS” during February 19-20, 2011 organized by S. K. Patel Institute of Management & Computer Studies, Gandhinagar.
- Participated in Ministry of HRD Sponsored National Seminar on “Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) – Challenges and Prospects”- March 1 and 2, 2004, at BK School of Business Management, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad.
- Participated in a seminar on “The Art of Drafting a Case Study” conducted by M.R. Dixit, Faculty I.I.M Ahmedabad, 2003, at SK Patel Institute of Management and Computer Studies, Gandhinagar.
- Rapporteur at the international seminar organized by GLS Institute of Business Administration in Collaboration with European Union on Small and Medium Scale Industries’ Development, 2000
- National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), Gandhinagar
- Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam (off campus at Gandhinagar)
- Sikkim Manipal University MBA Programme
- K. B. Institute of Pharma Management, Gujarat University
- B.P. College of Business Administration, Gandhinagar
- A.A.P.College of Commerce, Gandhinagar
- ICSI, Gandhinagar Centre.
- Member of Syllabus review committee for the course on business laws for the B.B.A. programme at Gujarat University.
- Member of Syllabus review committee for the course on Financial Accounting for the M.B.A. programme in Kadi Sarva Vishwa Vidhyalaya.
- Co-ordinated the placements of MBA students in the year 2009-10.
- Organized the University Youth Festival ‘Sangat’ of Kadi Sarva Vishwavidyalaya in October, 2012 where 35 colleges/institutes of the University participated.
- Organized Conferences and volunteered for various national and international seminars
- Actively involved for accreditation work for NAAC at B P College of Business Administration, Gandhinagar in 2006-07 and for NBA at S.K. Patel Institute of Management Studies, Gandhinagar in 2011.
- Trainer, the Business Skill Development (BSD) Course of MSME-Development Institute, Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises, Government of India for Ahmedabad MSME Institute, 2009.
- Lifetime Membership of Indian Commerce Association (ICA).
- Member, Indian Company Secretaries of India (ICSI)