About Research & Development Cell
Research and Development Cell is essential for successful growth of an institution. The R&D Cell will promote, facilitate, and develop creative endeavours, research, and development at the Central University of Gujarat. It will foster the technological economic and social wellbeing of Central University of Gujarat, in collaboration with government as well as non-governmental and private sectors. The work R&D Cell has as under:
- Develop, monitoring and review policies relating to the University’s research activities, including research and research training, internationalization and international reputation, and their management.
- Guide, monitor, review and endorse the activities of its sub-committees (i.e., the Research advisory committee, the University Ethics Policy Committee etc.)
- Encourage the development of the University’s the University’s strategic research priorities and objectives and monitor research performance within the framework of the University’s planning process.
- Revie, on a triennial basis, submission for formation and or continuation of University Research Strengths and advice on finding allocations to, and the status of, all RDC funded research groups.
- Affirm policies for sponsored research and consultancies.
- Safeguard the intellectual property of the university and its faculty.
- Provide leadership and advice on mechanisms to improve monitoring, benchmarking, and reporting of the University’s research performance.
- Hold one to two events annually to facilitate the exchange and dissemination of information concerning research training issues for the broader research community.
- Inform and advice the Academic community on research and research training matters as and when they arise
- Process all the matters related to research projects in the university in the prescribed channel.