Dr. Ambedkar Centre of Excellence
Ministry of Social Justice and empowerment is implementing scheme naming Dr. Ambedkar Centre of Excellence (DACE) in collabration with Dr. Ambedkar foundation (DAF) in 31 Central Universities throughout India. Every University has signed MoU with DAF for effective implementation of scheme. Dr. Ambedkar Centre of Excellence (DACE) is to empower total 100 students, 70 students from SC and 30 students from OBC in competitive exams by providing better opportunities for learning and excellence through free quality coaching, personality development, and acquisition of competitive skills. DACE will play a significant role in the holistic development of SC and OBC students. The objective of the Scheme is to provide high quality free coaching facilities to the SC and OBC students for the Civil Services examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) and other competitive examinations. It will empower SC and OBC candidates through good quality coaching and fulfil the goal of enhancing their competitive skills.
As per the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, this specialized coaching scheme will be provided to SC and OBC students for the Civil Services Examination conducted by UPSC and GPSC.
Dr. Ambedkar Centre for Excellence (DACE) will focus on preparing students for competitive exams particularly UPSC and other state public services exams. Centre is conducting regular classes of all the subjects for prelims and mains. The Centre monitor and coordinate in conducting classes. Notwithstanding these, it maintains high standard quality coaching. The Centre periodically monitor and evaluate the students by conducting frequent internal mock tests and providing them counselling. Proper mentoring and guidance are provided by respective subject expert. Facilities provided to the students includes separate classroom, High speed internet , VLRC library facility with hundreds of reference books. The feedback from the students taken at regular intervals.
The main objectives of Dr. Ambedkar Centre of Excellence (DACE) is to provide coaching to the students belonging to the SC and OBC by way of special coaching for Competitive examinations conducted by UPSC and other such bodies. It further provides special training/coaching on different components in the relevant areas (e.g., General Study subjects, CSAT and selected optional subjects like Literature, economics, history, political science, sociology, public administration, and geography). Notwithstanding these, any other such areas of exams/disciplines as Ministry may decide from time to time.
Dr. Ambedkar Centre of Excellence (DACE) has adopted the latest syllabus/curriculum of the various competitive examination conducted by UPSC and other state public service Commision. The Centre will also conduct periodic mock test to monitor progress of the student in real time The centre will provides guidance/counselling for the preparation for the competitive examination. The Centre will share monthly reports and results with the students to improve their knowledge. Further, The same report will also be shared with the ministry. The Centre intends to take the responsibility for conducting feedback sessions from the students and get their formal feedback on regular basis. In addition, the Centre provides necessary specialized teaching staff, provide reading material and necessary literature, stationery, and training material to facilitate students to select for the jobs.
1. In order to be considered for admission into the desired course/recruitment examinations, candidates must have achieved the required minimum percentage of marks in the quality examination.
2. The scheme is open only to Scheduled Caste students. University shall obtain/verify required caste certificate from the concerned candidate/student issued by the competent authorities in his/her respective states/UTs of as the case may be.
3. The coaching benefits under the scheme may only be utilized by a student once regardless of the number of chances that he/she may be entitled to in a particular Competitive Examination. The student must submit to the University an affidavit stating that he/she has not received any monetary benefit from any of the other scheme by Government of India, State/UTs or any funding agency.
4. The candidate enrolled under this scheme shall have to attend all the classes. In case of remaining absent for more than 15 days without any valid reason, or leaving the coaching midway without prior approval of the competent authority, the total expenditure incurred on the candidate will be recovered from the student concerned.
5. A total of hundred seats sanctioned for coaching per centre, 33 % of the total seats may be preferably given to the eligible female candidate from SC category.
Prof. Rajesh Makwana
Dr. Ambedkar Centre of Excellence
Central University of Gujarat,
Sector - 29, Gandhinagar,
It is a class room lecture program which is aimed at improving the cognitive capability of students. The tutoring covers basics of all the subjects as well as discussing model answers for previous year and expected questions. It provokes the student towards inductive as well as deductive reasoning thereby developing the analytical skills which is almost needed in tackling Civil Service Examination. It is not a mere teaching program but a mentoring program which leads to holistic development of Individual Personality.
Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT)
Political Science & IR
Science & Technology
Logical Reasoning + Aptitude